Cats do not like water a lot but their thirst drive Is low, which means simple supply to water is important. A cat must drink 60 ml of water for each and every kilo of the cat’s body weight. But if you are gone usually a lot of the times, then how are your cats are going to reach the water? There is always an option of a water bowl available but cats, over the last millennia do still like to drink running water, freshly aerated. So whats your best alternative? to use a cat water fountain.
Here are some of the top rated cat fountains available.
PetSafe Drinkwell 360
Made like a bowl is fitted with a fountain in the middle, this well or drinking is good for a home that has a lot of cats and other pets since Access to the water is 360° so sharing with other animals becomes easier. having an adjustable flow, a size that does not takes too much space in your home and has a good water stream that is especially appealing to cats.
- High-water capacity being at 128 oz.
- Destroys bad odors tastes by using an activated carbon filter
- Foam per-filter fitted
- Adjustable flow control cap, lets you select from 1 to 5 streams that can be changed
- Stainless steel and a dishwasher can be used on it
- Water fountain might be a little bit big for a single pet
- Some may find the water from the fountains tall center making noise
Pioneer Pet Raindrop Stainless Steel Cat Water Fountain
Produces a raindrop-like water from the fountain and this product is highly advised for cats who like a bubbling float than a having a splashy stream.
Water flows smoothly from the top in a dish placed down, making sure there is low noise as it gives out drinking water.
- Activated carbon filter fitted
- Stainless steel made and a dishwasher can be used for washing purposes
- Beautiful design and low noise
- Adjustable flow lacking
- Appeals lees to cats that like a free-falling stream
- Little capacity at 60 oz. of water only
PetSafe Drinkwell Ceramic Avalon ( Cat Water Fountain Ceramic )
Preferred since its versatile, this drinking fountain gives two drinking areas. The upper dish that makes the water bubbles and the lower dish, making two streams, Which is sure to take your cat’s focus and invites them to drink water more.
- Activated carbon filter fitted
- Hygienic ceramic made and dishwasher safe
- Appropriate for a home with a lot of cats with its two free-falling streams
- No adjustable flow control
- Little capacity of only 70 oz. of water
Catit Flower Fountain
Designed to copy water that is dripping from a faucet, this fountain is likable for cats who like to drink directly from the faucet.
The cute and vivid flower like accessory makes it very attractive to your pet.
- Dual-action filter fitted (softens water, filters hair etc. at the same time)
- Adjustable water flow control
- Ergonomic drinking posture designed
- Whisker-friendly top surface
- BPA-free plastic
- Is not dishwasher safe
- Little hygienic for the cats if we compare it to ceramic and stainless steel
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum
Made of BPA-free plastic, which is a more appropriate choice that is been made even a lot effective in saving costs coming with its free-flowing water, adjustable flow control respectively.
- Receiving ramp made (keeping the noise from falling water low)
- Activated charcoal filter fitted
- Pre-filter fitted and adjustable flow control
- It is Dishwasher safe
- Filling the reservoir might be a bit tedious
- Little hygienic when compared with stainless steel and ceramic
- Inside tricky to clean
PetSafe Drinkwell Multi-Tier
Having a unique design providing a free-falling stream, this product is sure to attract your cat to drink more water.
Designed for cats of all available sizes possible
- 100 oz. water high capacity
- Replaceable carbon filter fitted
- Elevated drink dish fitted (for old cats and the cats suffering from arthritis)
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Submersible pump fitted low in voltage and operating quietly ( quiet cat water fountain )
- No requirement to refill daily
- Pump/filter replacements is a little bit expensive and tedious to find
- Pump is a bit flimsy
- Might be a little appealing due to the color for some cats
Small and medium-sized cats were kept in mind while designing this product .cat mate has multi-height drinking station and enough space for drinking.
Isolated pump system available and a ramp available that reduces the water splashing.
- Polymer carbon fibber filter fitted
- Functions quietly
- Recommended for homes with a lot of cats and available in small to medium sizes
- Three pools of water available for cats to drink
- Clean easy and dishwasher safe
- Disassembling and assembling is an easy process
- Electricity based and the long cord is available for ensuring that it can be placed as far away as possible from the wall outlet
- White color makes it simpler to spot the dirt
- Little capacity available at only 70 oz. water
- Non-ideal for big cats
- Gets stained or dirty very easily
- Motor pump may become noisy over time
The most efficient, clean, and quiet and automatically switches off whenever the water runs out in order to save the pump from malfunctioning
- Markets Quietest water fountain
- Runs on the motor does not burn out easily
- Smart mode built in, turning the water on and off as per requirement
- Smart mode automatically keeps the fountain run less or stop at night
- Not dishwasher safe
- Refilling might be tedious for some
PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station
Its affordable than expensive models and this product also provides your cat with water freshly without costing you a lot
- BPA-free plastic made, available with a stainless steel bowl that can be removed
- Comes in multiple sizes ( available up to 1 gallon )
- Runs on gravity
- Low-spill and practical
- Simple to clean, dishwasher safe
- Free-flowing stream lacking and bubbler that usually appeals to cats
- Water flow control might be stuck sometimes
- Filters sold separately
Bergan Pet Waterer Automatic
Outdoor use, this product was made keeping that in mind and gets attached to your garden hose and it’ll give a continuous supply of fresh flowing water.
Made to look like a water bowl.
- Made for cats that like the similar look of a water bowl and enjoys the taste of water that is flowing fresh.
- Standard garden hose can be connected
- Clean easy and use easy, no assembly needed
- Water level adjustable
- Can be mounted on the wall safely
- The water tank might not be easy to clean
- If your cat does not drinks faster than the water flow itself it might overflow
- Might leak